Chief Continuity Officer, HCL Technologies
Changing the Wheels of a Moving Car: How HCL Technologies Implemented Its BCM Program
What separates a “good” BCM program from a “great” one? How does an organization’s investment in BC risk mitigation systems and processes measure up against leading practices? At a time when risks are increasing, what are the building blocks upon which to build a world-class BC program that not only protects an organization from internal and external threats, but also enhances its brand and strengthens its relationships with all stakeholders? With that as the backdrop this session will explore the unique nuances and journey of building out a world class BC program at HCL Technologies.
Founded in 1976 as one of India’s original IT garage start-ups, HCL is a pioneer of modern computing with many firsts to its credit, including the introduction of the 8-bit microprocessor-based computer in 1978 well before its global peers. Today, the HCL Enterprise has a presence across varied sectors that include technology, healthcare and talent management solutions and comprises three companies – HCL Infosystems, HCL Technologies and HCL Healthcare. The enterprise generates annual revenues of over US $7 billion with more than 115,000 employees from 140 nationalities operating across 32 countries, including over 500 points of presence in India.
The session will include curated insights from HCL Technologies’ journey on its BCM roadmap on the following themes:
- Money Goes Where Strategy Goes: Connecting your BC program to the long term business strategy of the firm
- Never waste a Crisis: Tales of business opportunism to accelerate the BC program at the wake of incidents
- Culture is King: Fixing the balance of accountability and the three lines of defense
- The Three E’s: Exciting, equipping, and empowering a cross-generational workforce
- Modernization of a BCM program to keep pace with evolving times
- Creating a Differentiated Industry Offering
Attendees will leave this session with a rich understanding of the complexities of excelling in BCM in a multi-client and multi industry environment like HCL Technologies and how we leveraged BCM to create value for the firm.