Joachim A. Gloschat Jr.
Senior Security and Intelligence Analyst, Gannett Fleming
Joachim A. Gloschat Jr., MBA, CPP, PSP, PCI, CPD, CHPP, is senior security and intelligence analyst at Gannett Fleming, Inc. For the past 17 years, he has worked with federal security and intelligence agencies responsible for the National Infrastructure Security Program and the Critical Infrastructure Protection Program. He has developed threat assessments at every level, local to national, and conducted risk and vulnerability assessments on critical energy infrastructure facilities and projects.
He has nearly 20 years of active military intelligence experience and a total of 33 years of military service. His military intelligence background includes experience as a tactical military intelligence officer, unit commander, and plans and operations officer, culminating with training and practical application of risk assessment methodologies for multiple entities in multiple locations. He served as a subject matter expert providing both Intelligence and Physical Security support to the Corps of Engineers and was responsible with ensuring appropriate application of risk assessments to multiple national critical infrastructures.
Under contract with the Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO), he was a primary developer of a national dam security best management practices (BMP) guide. He most recently served as a primary contributor and subject matter expert providing both intelligence and physical security support to the development of the Dam Assessment Matrix for Security and Vulnerability Risk (DAMSVR) methodology as directed by Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP): ASIS International – No. 10440 (2008)
- Physical Security Professional (PSP): ASIS International – No. 14810 (2008)
- Professional Certified Investigator (PCI): ASIS International – No. 15932 (2010)
- Certified Homeland Protection Professional (CHPP): NDPC – No. 15527 (2015)
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Professional (CPD): NICP (2017)
- Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP)
- U.S. Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Defense Support of Civil Authorities (DSCA) Phase I Course